Monday, June 22, 2009

Expansion of the Vege garden ...

One of my favourite things is to garden. There's no other feeling like it in the world. The toil with the earth, the feel of invigoration of the manual labour and the return of that labour in the form of fruits, veges and flowers. Yet it never seems to end, just cycle.

Then when I have so much to do that it would be full time, I go ahead and EXPAND again ... yes, the rain is a wonderful time to get gardening done!!!

This week-end PJ and myself expanded one of the vege gardens from 4 x 16 to 12 x 16, 98% complete - I just have to find more stones around the property for pathways ... and then plant/transplant. Planted a bunch of perennials (Lowes clearance racks). We built and installed an arbour from which I plan on having honeysuckle and passion fruit vines on either side. And also we added another 3 weedstrips/mulch next to the house - still have a ways to go with that.

It's been much easier with hubby's help! This week's plan includes more of the same as well as putting up the swimming pool on Saturday. We're waiting for the salt water filter to arrive at Wal-Mart. Excited about that!!!

So that's it for now. Back to the weeks routine of school, cooking, playdates, gardening, etc ... and before I go I just want my friend K to know how proud I am of her. She is now officially a Registered Nurse. Congratulations!

Have a wonderful week!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome job! You have such amazing energy! My next job is to build the 4x16 bed outside the main garden. I think I'm going to make it a hoophouse for fall/spring extension.

    Congrats to K as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! You're so sweet! I love reading about all your news and your ambitious gardening.

    ReplyDelete